Personable Probate Services from Nichols & Co
Get in touch today to arrange a free, confidential probate consultation with one of our team
We’re here to help you navigate the probate process with ease
Dealing with the loss of a loved one is never easy. On top of the emotional burden, you may also need to manage their estate through probate. At Nichols & Co, we understand the challenges you face during this difficult time. That’s why we’re here to provide you with personalised and compassionate probate services.
- We provide probate services that are personalised and kind, tailored to your needs.
- As London-based accountants and tax advisors, we have lots of experience with probate and can help you with everything from valuing the estate to distributing assets.
- We believe that probate should be a friendly and personal process, and we’ll take the time to get to know you and understand your needs.
- Our team of experts will guide you through probate with care and accuracy, ensuring everything is handled smoothly and correctly.
- We are always upfront and transparent when it comes to pricing for our probate services, so you’ll know exactly what to expect and won’t have to worry about any hidden fees or charges.
Providing a personal probate service at a difficult time
We believe that probate should be a human and personable process. That’s why we take the time to get to know our clients and their unique needs. Our team of experts will work closely with you to understand your situation and provide tailored solutions that meet your specific requirements.
As a London-based accountancy and tax advisory firm, we have extensive experience in handling non-contentious probate cases. We’ll guide you through the entire process, from valuing the estate to distributing assets. Plus, we can advise you on any financial matters that may arise during probate, ensuring that everything is handled with care and accuracy.
A complete probate service all under one roof
- We’ll assess the estate’s value and handle all legal and administrative tasks involved in probate, including contacting relevant organisations about assets and debts.
- We’ll handle the distribution of the estate to beneficiaries, making sure everything is done with care and accuracy.
- We’ll take responsibility for paying any debts and settling taxes for the person who died, identifying available tax reliefs and exemptions, and reporting any estate income to HMRC.
- We’ll also help with arranging the sale or transfer of property and shares, and prepare final estate accounts.
- Throughout the process, we’ll be there to provide guidance and support, and ensure that everything is completed for you.
Looking for an answer to a question?
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that there may be many questions when looking for an accountant. For this reason, we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions for you, which we hope will be helpful. However, if you have any further questions, please contact us.
Probate is the legal process of handling the assets and debts of a person who has died. It involves validating their will, paying any outstanding debts or taxes, and distributing the remaining assets to beneficiaries. Whether or not you need probate depends on the size and complexity of the estate.
At Nichols & Co, we take a personal and compassionate approach to probate. We’re based in London and the South East and can deliver probate services through whichever channel you prefer, be that face to face, by video chat or over the phone. We’re also an accountancy and tax advisory firm, so we can deal with all aspects of your inheritance tax and estate planning.
Since early 2023, there have been longer than usual wait times for Probate due to a backlog at HMCTS. The wait time will depend on the size and complexity of the estate. You may have to wait for HMRC to confirm your tax position before you can apply for probate. The whole process can take up to one year or longer. However, we’ll work with you to make sure everything is handled as efficiently as possible.
You’ll need to provide documentation such as the original will, death certificate, and details of any assets and debts. Our team will guide you through the process and help you gather all the necessary documentation.
If there is no will, the estate will be distributed according to the rules of intestacy. Our team can guide you through this process and ensure that everything is done with care and accuracy.
Get in touch
Contact us for a free no obligation consultation with our team, either by telephone or requesting a call back
Telephone: 0203 967 7586
We’re open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We are closed on bank holidays.
We know all too well that applying for Probate and dealing with Estate Administration can be an emotional ordeal after the loss of a loved one. The process is often lengthy, and it can be difficult to navigate without the help of experienced professionals.
Probate Guide: What is probate and how does it work?
Looking for answers to common questions about UK probate? Our guide provides answers to help you navigate the probate process
When is Probate Required in the UK?
Probate is a term that you may have come across if you’ve recently suffered a bereavement. But when does probate become a requirement?
Nichols & Co are licenced by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales to carry out the reserved legal activity of non-contentious probate in England and Wales. View details of our probate accreditation at icaew.com/probate under reference number C009237306. Accredited probate firm name – Nichols & Co (Accountancy) Ltd. The probate regulations can be found at icaew.com/regulations.